Terms and Conditions
1. The following are the terms and conditions (“Terms”) of the JR/DUTY FREE $1million Gold Bullion promotion (“Competition”). To the extent that any promotional material related to the Competition is inconsistent with these Terms, these Terms will prevail. By entering the Competition you accept these Terms.
2. The promoter of the Competition is James Richardson Pty Ltd of 35-45 Lithgow Street, Abbotsford, Victoria, 3067, Australia ("JR/DUTY FREE").
3. The Prize may only be awarded to a person who is 18 or over and who supplies a residential address to which prize information can be posted/couriered after the winner is announced. A valid entry into the Competition can be made by a qualifying entrant who, between 10th January 2017 and 13th March 2017:
3.1. makes a purchase of AU$100.00 or more (excluding the purchase of tobacco) at either a JR/Duty Free store located at in the city centres of Melbourne and Perth (excluding Adelaide) or Brisbane, Perth, Cairns, International Airports or a JR/Watch Co. at Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth International Airports, online or via the hotline (excludes Canberra and Darwin International Airports, MAC Cosmetics and Benefit Cosmetics Kiosks) or NZ$100 or more at Wellington or Christchurch International Airports,online or via the hotline or JR/Watch Co. at Auckland International Airports (excludes MAC Cosmetic Kiosks) and
3.2. completes a valid entry with proof of purchase (by providing a sales order or order confirmation number) online at www.goldbullion.jrdutyfree.com.au or www.goldbullion.jrdutyfree.co.nz (depending on where the purchase is made).
4. Customers who pay with a China Union Pay card are entitled to two entries per transaction. All other customers are entitled to one entry per transaction.
5. The employees of JR/DUTY FREE and Affinity Insurance Brokers together with their immediate members of their family are excluded from entry into the Competition.
6. JR/DUTY FREE reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry. JR/DUTY FREE may in its sole discretion disqualify any entrant who fails to meet the qualifying criteria or who does not comply with these Terms.
7. The Prize is the right to select one envelope out of 250 and one of the envelopes shall contain within the winning envelope a card marked with the words "Congratulations you have won the $1,000,000" and shall entitle the winner the right to select a prize of either gold bullion valued at AUD$1,000,000.00 as at 10 January 2017 or cash of AUD$1,000,000.00 at the election of the winner.
8. The Prize draw will take place at JR/DUTY FREE Melbourne Head office on Tuesday 14th March 2017 at 10:00am AEST at which time the entrant will be randomly selected, notified by phone and their name will be published on the JR/Duty Free websites, http://jrdutyfree.com.au/ and http://www.jrdutyfree.co.nz/ and http://goldbullion.jrdutyfree.com.au/ and http://goldbullion.jrdutyfree.co.nz/ ("the JR/Duty Free Websites"). If the entrant cannot be contacted within 7 days of the draw date, JR/DUTY FREE will re-draw a new entrant on the 8th working day at 10:00am AEST. This process will be repeated until an entrant is contacted. It will be up to the entrant to ensure he/she provides the correct contact information to JR/DUTY FREE at the time of entry into the Competition and to regularly check the JR/Duty Free Websites to see if they have been selected.
9. Once the entrant is contacted, he/she will be invited to participate in an independently supervised and videoed envelope selection. The envelope selection shall comprise of 250 envelopes of which the entrant will be entitled to choose 1 envelope. The entrant will be invited to participate in the envelope selection by video call with JR/DUTY FREE or by attending JR/DUTY FREE head office in Melbourne. The entrant must have access to a device capable of allowing the entrant to participate in the video call for the purposes of participating in the envelope selection. Upon successful selection of the envelope containing the words "Congratulations you have won the $1,000,000" this competition shall close and the winner's details will be announced on the JR/Duty Free Websites. The prize will be immediately provided to the successful entrant.
10. Late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegal, incomplete, illegible, damaged, reproduced, or altered entries will be excluded from entry into the competition. JR/DUTY FREE is not responsible for such entries, nor for any error, technical malfunction, loss, omission, communications delay or failure that occurs during the Competition on any account what so ever.
11. All entries become the property of JR/DUTY FREE. In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, JR/DUTY FREE collects personal information and JR/DUTY FREE holds personal information to conduct the Competition, notify prize winners, verify prize winners’ identities and may also be used by JR/DUTY FREE for future promotional activities, including (where consented to) sending the entrant emails. Failure to provide all requested personal information may result in the person being excluded from entering into the Competition. Individuals have the right to access and request correction of any of their personal information held by JR/DUTY FREE by calling its Privacy Officer on AU 1300 DUTY FREE
12. Each entrant agrees that, if he or she is the eligible entrant, his or her details (including name, suburb/town, and likeness) may be published and used on a royalty-free basis for the Promoter’s publicity purposes.
13. The Competition will run from 10th January 2017 and 13th March 2017 (inclusive).
14. In all matters concerning the Competition, JR/DUTY FREE's decision is final and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.